Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Entertainment Factor: NEWS UPDATE : Prometheus Sequel ...

The Story
Recently
The Entertainment Factor: NEWS UPDATE : Prometheus Sequel ...
Jun 17th 2012, 15:13

prometheus movie posterSince "Prometheus" is doing a pretty good job at the box-office and has sparked an enormous amount of on/off-line discussions and debates, it's fair to assume that the filmmakers would begin preparations for a sequel. Not only that, but both director Ridley Scott and writer Damon Lindelof have been buzzing the idea of a sequel in several interviews already. A sequel is all the more probable since the idea for "Prometheus" was to initially make it a two-part prequel to "Alien" and as many fans might tell you, there are still a ton of unanswered questions left hanging. Lindelof himself mentioned that he and Scott had to be very careful about what would be included in "Prometheus" and what would be left aside for a future sequel while reinforcing the idea that the current movie acts as both a prequel of sorts and a stand-alone story.

michael fassbender in prometheus Ridley Scott pushed the sequel envelope even further in an interview by stating that : "From the very beginning, I was working from a premise that lent itself to a sequel. I really don't want to meet God in the first one. I want to leave it open to [Noomi Rapace's character, Dr. Elizabeth Shaw] saying, 'I don't want to go back to where I came from. I want to go where they came from.' Because [the Engineers] are such aggressive fuckers … and who wouldn't describe them that way, considering their brilliance in making dreadful devices and weapons that would make our chemical warfare look ridiculous? So I always had it in there that the God-like creature that you will see actually is not so nice, and is certainly not God. As she says, "This is not what I thought it was going to be, and I think we should get the Hell out of here or there won't be any place to go back to. That's not necessarily planted in the ground at the tail end of the third act, but I knew that's kind of where we should go, because if we've opened up this door — which I hope we have because I certainly would like to do another one – I'd love to explore where the hell [Dr. Shaw] goes next and what does she do when she gets there, because if it is paradise, paradise can not be what you think it is. Paradise has a connotation of being extremely sinister and ominous."

Source

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions