Friday, June 15, 2012

CheapChic Guru: Alternative Sherlock

The Story
Recently
CheapChic Guru: Alternative Sherlock
Jun 15th 2012, 21:33

Unless going out, Fridays are usually dominated by swimming and succumbing to tiredness with a pinch of laziness afterwards.Precisely what I've done today. Only I've watched a new movie too - Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Homes: A Game Of Shadows.

Now, without any hesitation I can announce, as I probably have done previously, that Russian Sherlock Homes is obviously the best. However (!) I have enjoyed this movie too. I refuse point blank to take it seriously, it is in no way truly resembling Sir Conan Doyle's masterpiece, yet... you cannot help but adore it. To think of it: Guy Ritchie?! Robert Downey Jr?! Jude Law?! Impossible not to love. Impossible, I'd say.

Noomi Rapace was a bit of a worry for me, for I've seen her photo shoot (in Vogue I think), as her usual self and I was a bit disappointed. She certainly lacked Lisbeth Salander edginess, which suited her perfectly and complimented her angular features. Noomi looked perfect wearing cool minimalistic clothes, in the first film, of course. That Noomi could've been a style icon, while now she is a bit lost amongst the well done/styled/groomed Hollywood stars. She is good in the film though, pretty and all that. Wish she would return to the style I liked.

Source

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions